What’s new with the Critter Gitter?
Although you may be treating your pet for fleas you also need to control the fleas in your home and yard at the same time it’s important to treat the grassy area the lawn but, also the areas where the pet likes to rest.
Once inside the house check the same areas which are most used by the pets.
One way to determine if fleas are active is to place a white cloth on the floor in this area. Fleas are attracted to white and will appear on the cloth.
Once the home has been treated, people and pets need to stay out until the product is dry. Insect growth regulators can be added to the treatment eliminating the need for any indoor follow-up applications.
But, the yard will need a second treatment two weeks after the initial one. This will break the lifecycle of the fleas.
1. Use a leaf rake to remove any dead grass or thatch
2. Add a layer of topsoil to help promote new growth
3. If needed transplant healthy grass from other areas of your lawn to the areas that are bare
4. Add fertilizer to the lawn to prepare for the green-up that is about to occur
5. The fertilizer application should include nitrogen and potassium to stimulate root growth
6. Water it in properly so the roots can absorb the nutrients but don’t overwater. It causes disease and encourages weeds
7. Check your mower blade to make sure it’s sharp. Dull blades cause an uneven cut which can lead to disease issues. An even cut allows the grass to heal more easily
8. Call us if you need help testing the pH level of your lawn. This will tell you which nutrients are lacking
As always, we offer free estimates and a $30 discount on new services.
There are a few simple things you can do as a homeowner to reduce the mosquito population in your yard.
Not all weeds can be controlled by herbicides. Of the three types of weeds we are seeing in Northeast Florida, the broadleaf (i.e. dollar weed) and sedge can be controlled with herbicides. Grassy weeds (i.e. crabgrass) simply needs to be removed by hand. There is no selective herbicide on the market today that will kill grassy weeds without killing the grass itself. If you see that weeds have started flowering, pull them up immediately or they will blow seeds across your lawn, creating more of a problem.
We are proud to announce that Peninsular Pest Control has earned the home service industry’s coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award (SSA)! This award honors service professionals who have maintained exceptional service ratings and reviews on Angie’s List in 2019.
Thanks again to our wonderful customers for voting us #1 in both BEST PEST CONTROL and BEST LAWN SERVICE in the recent Bold City Best Contest! This makes it 5 consecutive years in a row.
Angie’s List®, a leading online review platform, has named this year’s winners of the coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award. Peninsular Pest Control Service, Inc. is proud to announce that they have yet again won the Super Service Award in two categories: Pest Control/Exterminating and Lawn Fertilization & Treatment. This is the 8th year in a row that The Critter Gitter has received this award! The Super Service Award honors service professionals who have maintained exceptional service ratings and reviews on Angie’s List in 2018. This year’s list of winners also contains many multi-year recipients. Thanks to all of our loyal customers who took the time to submit a review of our business and customer service.