Top 5 Places to Look for Termites
With this year’s unsually warm weather, termites have begun to swarm. It’s time to look around your home and check for these pesky pests. Here are the Critter Gitter’s top 5 places to look:
- Tree stumps close to your home
- Garage door jamb—where the concrete of your house meets the concrete of your driveway
- Wood-to-ground contacts—garden borders, wooden expansion joints, fence posts and landscape timbers
- Check for visible damage or dead swarmers on your window and door frames, siding, and overhangs—also be aware of moisture problems
- On Slab foundations, look for termite mud tubes at the base of your home’s foundation walls
Need a professional’s opinion? Get a free termite inspecition from the Critter Gitter.